본문 바로가기
bar_progress

Text Size

Close

"Hotel Weddings Already Fully Booked Through Next Spring"

Social Distancing Lifted... Postponed Weddings of Prospective Couples Follow One After Another
InterContinental Grand Ballroom Fully Booked for All Weekends This Year
Lotte Hotel Seoul Weekend Reservations 80% Complete Until February Next Year
Proposal and Honeymoon Package Also Popular

"Hotel Weddings Already Fully Booked Through Next Spring"


[Asia Economy Reporter Yuri Kim] As social distancing measures due to COVID-19 come to an end, engaged couples are proceeding with the weddings they had postponed. At luxury hotels in Seoul, reservations for weddings this spring and fall, as well as prime time slots for next spring, are being rapidly filled.


According to the hotel industry on the 29th, the Grand Ballroom at the Grand InterContinental Seoul Parnas has fully booked all weekend (Saturday and Sunday) lunch and dinner wedding reservations for this year. Most Saturday lunch weddings, the most preferred time slot for engaged couples, are booked through the first half of next year. Lotte Hotel Seoul has also secured over 80% of weekend wedding reservations for 200-300 guests through February next year. Signiel Seoul is receiving continuous inquiries about the lack of available weekend slots. The Westin Chosun Seoul has also nearly completed reservations for prime wedding times this spring, fall, and next spring.


The demand for weddings, which had been postponed over the past two years due to guest inconveniences and international travel restrictions caused by COVID-19, is now exploding starting this spring. A hotel official said, "Since the outbreak of COVID-19, small-scale weddings have been the norm, but after the lifting of social distancing, inquiries for large weddings with over 300 guests, which had been restricted, are increasing. The number of engaged couples asking about reservations through next year to secure prime time slots has also significantly risen."


Hotels are strengthening promotions targeting wedding-related demand that extends beyond the ceremony itself, including 'proposals-weddings-overseas honeymoons,' in anticipation of a significant increase in demand starting this year. Through this, they aim to differentiate their wedding services while securing wedding demand to drive revenue, compensating for the limited business banquet demand caused by COVID-19.


Proposal packages are gaining popularity despite their high prices ranging from 1 million to 1.3 million KRW. The Signiel Seoul The Lounge package (Long and Lasting Love), which allows proposals at a super high floor, saw a 25% increase in sales in the first quarter compared to the previous quarter. From January to March this year, the proposal package reservation rate at Lotte Hotel Pierre Gagnaire Seoul also increased by 20% compared to the same period last year. The InterContinental Seoul COEX Sky Lounge proposal package and the Fairmont Ambassador Seoul's Proposal at Mariposa package are also popular as they offer private spaces, gourmet cuisine, and proposal-related services all at once.


Promotions targeting the resurgence of overseas honeymoon travelers are also active. The Westin Chosun Seoul introduced a linked promotion this year where wedding customers can receive a 20% discount on rooms at The Westin Resort Guam when honeymooning in Guam. A hotel official said, "We expect the surge in wedding demand this spring to continue through next year, so we have prepared related products such as proposals and honeymoons with greater emphasis, not just the weddings themselves. Since it will take time for business demand to fully recover, major hotels are expected to continue strengthening wedding-related promotions for the time being."


© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.

Special Coverage


Join us on social!

Top