Previously Faced a Flood of Malicious Comments Over Remarks About NewJeans
Yoon Ilsang: "NewJeans and Bang Sihyuk Are Fundamentally Different Issues"
Composer Yoon Ilsang has commented on malicious comments from NewJeans fans. On November 13, a video titled "Why didn't you talk about it? Thoughts on Bang Sihyuk and NewJeans | Producer Yoon Ilsang EP.21 Honssul5" was uploaded to Yoon Ilsang's YouTube channel, 'Producer Yoon Ilsang iLSang TV.' In the video, the production team stated, "So far, die-hard NewJeans fans have come to the YouTube channel and left many malicious comments asking, 'Why don't you talk about Bang Sihyuk's trial?'"
Yoon Ilsang said, "If Bang Sihyuk did something wrong, he will be punished. But that is a separate issue from NewJeans. You shouldn't mix the two issues. Their essence is different." He also expressed regret over NewJeans' prolonged hiatus, saying, "I still hope NewJeans will do well. Even now, it's a shame to see time passing like this. There are fresh voices and dances that can only come from that age, and those things won't come out as time goes by."
He continued, "What is truly regrettable is that they are missing out on this time because of adults, so why mix it with talk about Bang Sihyuk?" He emphasized, "I have no interest in crimes or other issues. I'm busy writing my own songs. I only said what I did because I hope that the current artists can follow the right musical path and that the entire Korean music industry can develop as a result."
Girl group NewJeans (NJZ) is seen answering questions from reporters as they leave the Seoul Central District Court building in Seocho-gu, Seoul, after the hearing for a provisional injunction application regarding 'preservation of agency status and prohibition of advertising contract conclusion' held around March. Photo by Yonhap News
Previously, during the contract dispute between NewJeans and ADOR, Yoon Ilsang had made a statement on his YouTube channel. Around May, Yoon Ilsang said, "I just want to say that contracts are not a joke," and added, "If you claim to care about the artists, you shouldn't expose them to risk. I think the adults around them may have handled the NewJeans members for their own benefit." At the time, many NewJeans fans left malicious comments on the video, and it appears this has been brought up again as NewJeans recently announced their return to ADOR.
Meanwhile, on November 12, all NewJeans members announced their intention to return to their agency ADOR, one year after declaring the termination of their exclusive contracts in November last year. However, unlike Haerin and Hyein, whose return was directly announced by ADOR, Minji, Hanni, and Danielle expressed their intention to return through individual statements two hours and thirty minutes after ADOR's announcement. ADOR stated, "We are currently confirming the true intentions of the three members regarding their return," and it is known that meetings are being planned.
© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.

![Clutching a Stolen Dior Bag, Saying "I Hate Being Poor but Real"... The Grotesque Con of a "Human Knockoff" [Slate]](https://cwcontent.asiae.co.kr/asiaresize/183/2026021902243444107_1771435474.jpg)
