본문 바로가기
bar_progress

Text Size

Close

"Born in 1995 Ryu OO" Suspect Who Stabbed Girlfriend 190 Times to Death Faces Revealed

JTBC Incident Chief Reveals Perpetrator's Identity on 21st
17-Year Prison Sentence in First Trial...Prosecution and Ryu Appeal

The identity and face of a man who stabbed his fianc?e over 190 times with a weapon, causing her death, have been revealed.


On the 21st, JTBC's 'Sageon Banjang' disclosed several unblurred photos of the perpetrator, stating, "The offender is Ryu, born in 1995, 29 years old." The victim's face was fully blurred.

"Born in 1995 Ryu OO" Suspect Who Stabbed Girlfriend 190 Times to Death Faces Revealed The name and face of a man in his 20s who stabbed his fianc?e more than 190 times with a weapon, killing her, have been revealed.
[Photo by JTBC, captured from 'Sageonbanjang']

The host said, "When we first reported the incident in January, the victim's mother said it was okay to reveal her daughter's name and face, so we did. However, today, we will not show the deceased's image. Instead, we will reveal the photo and name of the boyfriend."


'Sageon Banjang' also released an audio recording of Ryu's police report that day. He told the police, "This is apartment OO, unit OOO. I killed my girlfriend." When the police asked for more details, he replied, "I dismembered my girlfriend."


After the report, Ryu attempted self-harm but received treatment and was investigated before standing trial.


The victim's mother told JTBC in an interview, "The most injuries were inflicted on her face and neck," and added, "The 119 paramedic who recovered the body happened to be a classmate of our child."


She continued, "That classmate was also deeply traumatized, and said the body was so horrific that the parents could not bear to see it beforehand."


On July 24 last year, around 12:59 PM, Ryu was indicted for stabbing his cohabiting 20s female partner, Ms. B, over 190 times with a weapon at an apartment in Yeongwol-gun, Gangwon Province, resulting in her death.


The Chuncheon District Court Yeongwol Branch, which handled the first trial, sentenced Ryu to 17 years in prison. However, both the prosecution and Ryu appealed, and the first appellate trial was held on the 20th.


At the first appellate trial of Ryu's murder case held at the Seoul High Court Chuncheon Division Criminal 1 Department (Chief Judge Min Ji-hyun), the prosecution requested a 25-year prison sentence, the same as the original trial.


The prosecutor said, "I looked at the autopsy documents and it was too heartbreaking to even look at. The victim never behaved in a way that deserved such a death," adding, "Although I personally think a 25-year sentence is still low, please impose the 25-year sentence as the investigating prosecutor judged."


Meanwhile, the sentencing for Ryu is scheduled for the 17th of next month.


© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.

Special Coverage


Join us on social!

Top