[Asia Economy Reporter Naju-seok] On the 17th, Hong Joon-pyo, a member of the People Power Party, declared 'silence.' He stated that he will not express any opinions until the presidential election this year.
Through a post on the online platform 'Youth's Dream' on the same day, Hong said, "Regardless of the outcome of the presidential election, I will have no opinion until March 9," adding, "I decided not to get involved because it only amplifies misunderstandings." He titled the post with the phrase Obulgwan-eon (吾不關焉: to not get involved in any matter and leave it as is), indicating his intention to no longer engage in the presidential election.
Previously, Hong had expressed his stance on social media regarding Kim Gun-hee, the spouse of Yoon Seok-youl, the People Power Party's presidential candidate. Before the broadcast revealed the contents of a 7-hour phone call between Kim and the YouTube channel Seoul's Voice, he said, "I hope the truth about the Cho Kuk case will come out." After the broadcast, he mentioned, "Just by watching Kim's interview briefly, one can guess why the YouTube channels were so persistent in slandering and biting me during the primaries." The broadcast reported by MBC included content where Kim urged Seoul's Voice to criticize Hong, who was Yoon's main rival in the presidential primary.
On the same day, Hong also expressed concern, saying, "I am worried it might unfold like the Choi Soon-sil scandal," and added, "I was shocked by the news that a self-proclaimed national shaman, Geonjin Daesa, is in charge of talent recruitment for the campaign headquarters."
Hong has deleted all his social media posts related to Kim and others.
© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.


