"Must Report to Uijeongbu District Prosecutors' Office by 3 PM Today (21st)... Time is Running Out"
On the afternoon of the 11th, at the National Assembly Members' Office Building in Yeouido, Seoul, during the rally for uncovering the truth behind the April 15 general election suspicions and restoring national sovereignty, Min Kyung-wook, a member of the United Future Party, claimed that a large number of proportional voting ballots were found unmarked and without the election supervisor's seal. [Image source=Yonhap News]
[Asia Economy Reporter Heo Midam] Min Kyung-wook, a member of the Future United Party who has raised suspicions of manipulation in the April 15 general election early voting, claimed on the 21st that "ballots that had been marked were found shredded." Earlier, Min had warned that he might suddenly be detained and announced he would reveal evidence of election fraud to the media.
At a press conference held at the National Assembly that afternoon, Min stated, "Marked ballots must be kept for a certain period. They should not be shredded," and asserted, "Marked ballots were found shredded." Along with this, he presented shredded ballots as evidence.
He also claimed that there was computer manipulation in this general election. After the press conference, Min told reporters, "The hacker who orchestrated this created an incredible work, but since it is a crime, they cannot boast about it. However, the hacker left evidence very cleverly. When combining various numbers, the phrase 'FOLLOW_THE_PARTY' appeared. This means 'follow the party,'" he said, emphasizing, "What are the chances of this? The possibility of such a phrase appearing by chance is zero."
Earlier that morning, he had announced the press conference on his Facebook page. Min said, "Thinking quietly, I might not have much time left," and added, "I have been summoned to the Uijeongbu District Prosecutors' Office by 3 p.m. today, but they might suddenly detain me as an accomplice or instigator of a petty thief who stole ballots."
He said, "I will hold a press conference at 1:30 p.m. today at the National Assembly Communication Office regarding the evidence I have obtained. I will also disclose the evidence to the media and state my position on the prosecution summons," and added, "Then I will go straight to the Uijeongbu District Prosecutors' Office."
Min Kyung-wook, a member of the Future United Party, held a press conference on the morning of the 19th at the National Assembly Communication Office in Yeouido, Seoul, claiming that contrary to the Central Election Commission's statement on the 12th, "it has been confirmed that the ballot sorting machines used in the April 15 general election contain communication devices and spectrum sensors capable of reading QR codes." He is answering questions related to the transmission and reception functions of the ballot sorting machines. [Photo by Yonhap News]
Min had previously raised suspicions of early voting manipulation through two press conferences.
On the 11th, during a press conference, he revealed ballots without the election manager's seal and claimed, "There is a possibility of mass mixed ballots in this general election. An investigation should be conducted." However, contrary to Min's claim, the ballots in question were reported to be regular ballots, not early voting ballots.
At a press conference held on the 19th, he also claimed, "I confirmed that there is a communication device in the ballot sorting machine." However, regarding this suspicion, he admitted, "I did not cross-check with the National Election Commission (NEC)."
Min pointed out, "After the sorting work is completed by the ballot sorting machine, a counting status sheet is printed, which shows the number of voters, the number of ballots issued, and the votes per candidate. To know the information on the counting status sheet, wireless communication with the main server is necessary," and added, "This is irrefutable evidence that the ballot sorting machine communicated with the main server."
He continued, "The NEC should not repeat opaque explanations but strongly urge cooperation in verifying and inspecting the ballot sorting machines," and said, "The prosecution should promptly secure physical evidence and start an investigation before related evidence is destroyed."
When asked whether he had confirmed these suspicions with the NEC, he replied, "Cross-checking requires trust, but the NEC only gives meaningless responses to the raised suspicions," and explained, "If I had informed the NEC in advance, it would only give them time to prepare excuses to escape, so I announced it to the media first."
Min Kyung-wook, a member of the United Future Party, held a press conference on the morning of the 19th at the National Assembly Communication Office in Yeouido, Seoul, and claimed that contrary to the Central Election Commission's statement regarding the transmission and reception functions of the ballot sorting machines, "it has been confirmed that the ballot sorting machines used in the April 15 general election contain communication devices and spectrum sensors capable of reading QR codes." [Image source=Yonhap News]
Suspicions of early voting manipulation were raised mainly by some far-right YouTube channels immediately after the Future United Party suffered a crushing defeat in this general election.
Min also raised election manipulation suspicions by citing several examples after the election ended.
The first piece of evidence he revealed on Facebook was a photo showing the Democratic Party's on-site reaction watching the vote counting broadcast immediately after the 2018 local elections and the 21st general election exit poll results were announced.
On the 8th, Min pointed out, "The exit poll broadcast has the highest viewership and response rate among elected officials," and added, "However, the Democratic Party did not smile or applaud sincerely at the moment when the exit poll predicting a landslide victory of up to 170 seats was announced."
Min cited former Democratic Research Institute Director Yang Jeong-cheol's expression of fear and resignation immediately after the general election as the second piece of evidence. He said, "Usually, the key contributors to a landslide victory receive great awards after the election. They tend to claim credit," and questioned, "I ask Yang Jeong-cheol, what was so scary and fearful? Was anyone threatening you?"
As the third piece of evidence, he mentioned that Nam Young-hee, the Democratic Party candidate who ran in Michuhol, Incheon, and lost, withdrew the request for a recount. He said, "It is natural to feel wronged when losing an election. Especially when losing by the smallest margin nationwide of 171 votes," but asked, "Did you receive a call from someone preventing the recount? Who was that?"
© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.

