본문 바로가기
bar_progress

Text Size

Close

Jung Soon-kyun, Mayor of Gangnam-gu, Requests Residents to Report Incoming Pre-Arrivals

It was stated that strict management of overseas entrants is absolutely necessary for the next two weeks, and plans will be made to ensure there are no gaps in their management.

Jung Soon-kyun, Mayor of Gangnam-gu, Requests Residents to Report Incoming Pre-Arrivals


[Asia Economy Reporter Park Jong-il] Gangnam-gu (District Mayor Jeong Soon-gyun) announced that strict management of overseas arrivals is absolutely necessary for the next two weeks to stop the spread of COVID-19, and plans to ensure there are no gaps in managing them.


On the afternoon of the 3rd, Mayor Jeong Soon-gyun held a briefing and said, "From the 30th of last month to April 1st, 5,420 overseas arrivals returned to Seoul, of which 11.4%, or 623 people, were Gangnam-gu residents. Yesterday alone, 139 people came to Gangnam-gu."


Gangnam-gu added that from the moment these individuals arrive at the airport, they undergo thorough management including testing to determine COVID-19 infection status, and are quarantined at home without any contact with outsiders.


Mayor Jeong said, "Some residents are curious whether Gangnam-gu is properly managing the increasing number of overseas arrivals and are concerned that this might raise the risk of local infection. However, I believe that once you hear about the process we use to manage overseas arrivals, such concerns or doubts will greatly diminish."


He also said, "To manage overseas arrivals more strictly, starting today we will accept reports from residents about prospective arrivals. If you have family members or children studying abroad who plan to return soon, please report to the Gangnam-gu Disaster and Safety Countermeasures Headquarters Situation Room or your local community service center."


He added, "By identifying the targets and scale of expected arrivals in advance and cooperating with families, we believe we can manage overseas arrivals more efficiently. We ask that everyone report without exception."


Mayor Jeong continued, "As previously announced yesterday, in accordance with the government's high-intensity social distancing guidelines, the Yangjaecheon walking trail will be completely closed from 9 a.m. on Saturday the 4th until midnight Sunday. We ask for the active cooperation of residents."


Mayor Jeong Soon-gyun stated, "In Gangnam-gu, four people have tested positive: a 22-year-old female student who recently arrived from the United States, a 22-year-old male who returned from France, a 76-year-old mother who visited her child studying in the U.S., and a 64-year-old female company representative who is presumed to have been infected after contact with a company representative confirmed positive following a visit to South America."


© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.

Special Coverage


Join us on social!

Top