본문 바로가기
bar_progress

Text Size

Close

"V's Early Morning Texts" Min Hee-jin's 'Cell Phone Privilege Allegation'... Ministry of National Defense's Response

Military "Used in the afternoon, not at dawn" explanation

The Ministry of National Defense has reportedly clarified the so-called 'special treatment allegations' regarding BTS member V's use of a mobile phone during his military service.


According to multiple media reports on the 20th, a netizen recently inquired with the Ministry of National Defense about the special treatment allegations concerning V's mobile phone use. The response from the Ministry that this netizen received is currently being shared on social networking services (SNS) and online communities.


According to the response, the Ministry explained, "The Army Training Center where V served allows trainees to use their mobile phones for one hour on weekends and public holidays," adding, "V used the phone according to the Army Training Center's guidelines, during the afternoon phone usage time, not at dawn."


"V's Early Morning Texts" Min Hee-jin's 'Cell Phone Privilege Allegation'... Ministry of National Defense's Response BTS member V. Instagram capture

They further emphasized, "There was no special permission, tolerance, or condoning of mobile phone use granted exclusively to V."


This allegation initially arose from a statement by former Adore CEO Min Hee-jin. On the 29th of last month, during an appearance on 'Kim Young-dae's School of Music,' Min said, "V sometimes calls me from the military. He is a very bright and lively person," adding, "While going through this situation, he called and asked, 'Noona, are you okay?' He even sent me a congratulatory text from the military at dawn on my birthday. I thought he was warm and kind."


V enlisted in the Army Training Center on December 11 of last year. Min's birthday is December 16, meaning V sent a text to Min at dawn just five days after enlisting as a trainee.


"V's Early Morning Texts" Min Hee-jin's 'Cell Phone Privilege Allegation'... Ministry of National Defense's Response Min Hee-jin, former CEO of ADOR.

Subsequently, some netizens raised suspicions that V might have received 'special treatment' allowing him to use his mobile phone at any time even during his trainee period. However, it appears that this suspicion was merely a misunderstanding stemming from Min confusing the time she received the text.


Meanwhile, Min Hee-jin announced her intention to resign as an internal director of Adore the day before. Thus, after about five years since joining as Chief Brand Officer (CBO) in 2019, Min will be leaving the HYBE-affiliated label.


In a statement released that day, she said, "I intend to terminate the shareholder agreement with HYBE and hold HYBE legally accountable for violations of the shareholder agreement," adding, "I plan to take necessary legal actions one by one against numerous illegal acts by HYBE and related parties."


© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.

Special Coverage


Join us on social!

Top