The Ministry of Health and Welfare expressed "regret" on the 24th regarding medical school professors who opposed the increase in medical school quotas by taking a one-day-a-week strike and stating that they would leave the hospital at the end of this month as per their previously submitted resignation letters.
Park Min-su, the 2nd Vice Minister of the Ministry of Health and Welfare, said at the Central Disaster and Safety Countermeasures Headquarters briefing on the doctors' collective action, "We express regret over the decision by the Emergency Measures Committee of Medical School Professors nationwide to take a one-day-a-week strike and some professors stating they will proceed with their resignations as planned."
He added, "Some claim that on April 25, a month after the submission of resignation letters by university professors, the resignations will automatically take effect, but I would like to reiterate that it cannot be uniformly assumed that the resignations will automatically take effect," and said, "According to the education authorities, there are currently no cases officially received by university headquarters where resignation letters have been accepted and are scheduled to be processed."
© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.
![[Breaking] Ministry of Health and Welfare "Regret over Medical School Professors' Decision to Close Clinics Once a Week... No Plans to Accept Resignations"](https://cphoto.asiae.co.kr/listimglink/1/2024032014185511381_1710911935.jpg)

