본문 바로가기
bar_progress

Text Size

Close

"Han-nam 20 People Stabbing Threat" Knife Attack Foretold by 30s Woman "Daily Tears and Reflection"

'Threat of Murder Posted' Immediately After
Seohyeon Station Stabbing Incident
Riot Police and Officers Deployed for Precaution
"Reckless Act... Sincerely Apologize" Prison Sentence Requested

Immediately after the ‘Seohyeon Station Stabbing Incident,’ a woman in her 30s who posted a ‘murder threat’ stating she would stab dozens of men with a weapon pleaded for leniency, saying she is "reflecting with tears every day." The prosecution requested a three-year prison sentence from the court.


At the sentencing hearing held on the 13th at the Suwon District Court Criminal Division 11 (Presiding Judge Kim Sujeong), the prosecution asked the court to sentence A, who is charged with threats and other offenses, to three years in prison, along with five years each of employment restriction and notification of personal information disclosure.


A was indicted for posting a message on the online community DC Inside at 7:03 p.m. on August 3, the day of the ‘Seohyeon Station Stabbing Incident’ which caused multiple casualties, stating “Going to stab 20 Han-nam at Seohyeon Station on Friday” along with a photo holding a weapon. ‘Han-nam’ is a derogatory term used online to refer to Korean men.


Due to this ‘murder threat,’ the police deployed riot police and officers inside and around Seohyeon Station to prepare for any possible situation. Four days later, A was urgently arrested at her residence and charged with obstruction of official duties by deception.


A told the police, “I posted the message to retaliate against men after seeing news that women suffered great harm during the Bundang stabbing incident.”


"Crying every day after arrest... pleading for leniency"
"Han-nam 20 People Stabbing Threat" Knife Attack Foretold by 30s Woman "Daily Tears and Reflection" On the morning of August 4th, police were deployed around Seohyeon Station in Bundang-gu, Seongnam-si, Gyeonggi-do. [Image source=Yonhap News]

At the trial, A’s defense attorney said, “The defendant has been spending time reflecting with tears every day since her arrest,” and requested leniency within the maximum scope allowed by law, considering that she has no prior criminal record and has lived a sincere social life.


A herself appealed to the court, saying, "I sincerely apologize for causing public concern with my reckless actions," and "I am sorry to those who were harmed because of me, and I am reflecting on how serious my inadequate behavior was. I vow to live sincerely from now on. I apologize."


The prosecution previously pointed out when indicting A in custody that “this is a serious matter that heightened anxiety by threatening a stabbing crime at the same location as the Seohyeon Station Stabbing Incident, preventing police and public safety administration resources from being used where needed.”


A’s sentencing trial will be held at 10 a.m. on the 23rd.


© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.

Special Coverage


Join us on social!

Top