본문 바로가기
bar_progress

Text Size

Close

"No Rip-offs and Delicious" Baek Jong-won Prepares for Yesan Market Season 2 Countdown

Chef entrepreneur Baek Jong-won announced the reopening of Yesan Market.


On the 20th, a video titled "'Baek Jong-won Becomes a Market Owner Episode 10' - Did 100 People Come to OOO at Yesan Market Before Opening?" was uploaded on the YouTube channel 'Baek Jong-won.' In the video, Baek revealed the process from the rehearsal before the reopening of Yesan Market to the decision to temporarily close it.


Rehearsal Before Reopening... Mobilizing 100 Tasting Panel Members
"No Rip-offs and Delicious" Baek Jong-won Prepares for Yesan Market Season 2 Countdown [Photo by Baek Jong-won, captured from YouTube channel]

In the video, Baek Jong-won conducted a rehearsal 10 days before the reopening of Yesan Market.


He said, "We distributed coupons to one hundred guests. We told each of them to try everything once," adding, "If we receive feedback from a hundred people, we will be able to spot the problems."


Some staff expressed anxiety as customers entered before preparations were fully complete. The tasting panel arrived all at once, causing longer-than-expected lines and delayed orders.


Baek Jong-won stated, "We will not force the opening. If it doesn't work out, we will take more time to prepare."


After the tasting panel's evaluation, Baek and the market staff discussed improvement measures. They proposed solutions tailored to each restaurant and posted guidance signs throughout the market to assist customers unfamiliar with the market.


He carefully inspected and repaired the stores within the market and conducted hygiene inspections by the Ministry of Food and Drug Safety, promising to address shortcomings and return.


Furthermore, regarding the upcoming Yesan Market Season 2, he said, "We will make the food offerings richer and more diverse. To the point where people say, 'Isn't this crazy?' If it succeeds, people will say you’re amazing," adding, "It’s not because I want to be called amazing. I just wanted to try it."


United in Revitalizing the Local Economy

Previously, Baek Jong-won launched the 'Yesan Market Revitalization Project' to boost the local economy of his hometown, Yesan, Chungnam.


However, immediately after opening, a parking war broke out due to visitors coming from all over the country, and some restaurants faced criticism for excessively long waiting times. There were also complaints about inflated lodging fees, which ultimately led Baek to declare a 'one-month closure of Yesan Market.'


On the 19th, the Korea Foodservice Industry Association Yesan County Branch held a general meeting and expressed concern over the increase in overcharging and unfair practices at some hygiene establishments due to the rise in tourists visiting the county. They pledged to eradicate these issues and work together to revitalize the local economy.


Yesan County has deployed four inspection teams composed of public officials and honorary public hygiene monitors to crack down on lodging establishments for posting price lists, compliance with fees, and excessive lodging fee hikes. A 'One Stop (ONE STOP) Reporting Center' is also operating to receive complaints about lodging and restaurant inconveniences.


Yesan Market is scheduled to reopen on April 1.


© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.

Special Coverage


Join us on social!

Top