Jung-gu to Defer Collection of This Year's Regular Road Occupancy Fees for 3 Months, to be Levied and Collected in June
[Asia Economy Reporter Park Jong-il] Seoul Jung-gu (District Mayor Kim Gil-seong) announced that the collection of this year's regular road occupancy fees will be deferred for three months and levied and collected in June.
This measure was taken to minimize the damage to small business owners caused by the aftermath of COVID-19 and the economic downturn, following a cooperation request from the Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport.
Road occupancy refers to the use of part of the road with permission from the road management authority within the scope that does not interfere with road safety and traffic, and the road occupancy fee is a usage fee charged for using the road.
Installations related to small business operations, such as vehicle entry and exit facilities installed on sidewalks, private guide signs, street vending stands, shoe repair stands, street stalls, and product display stands in traditional markets, are also subject to road occupancy fees.
Jung-gu has reduced road occupancy fees by 25% for all private businesses and individuals over the past three years. Public institutions, local public enterprises, and public interest facilities (such as electricity, telecommunications, and gas facility businesses) were excluded from the reduction. The amount of reduction for last year's regular fees reached approximately 2.054 billion KRW.
The Ministry of Land, Infrastructure and Transport is discussing with related ministries to finalize an appropriate reduction rate, based on the opinion that road occupancy fee reductions should continue this year as well.
Kim Gil-seong, Mayor of Jung-gu, said, "I hope this measure will help small business owners who are struggling due to the economic downturn to get through these difficult times, even if only a little."
Eunpyeong-gu Provides 100,000 KRW Heating Cost Support to Over 21,000 Households Including Basic Livelihood Security Recipients
Eunpyeong-gu (District Mayor Kim Mi-kyung) announced that it will urgently provide 100,000 KRW each in heating cost support to over 21,000 households, including basic livelihood security recipients and near-poverty groups, who are suffering from rising heating costs.
This is a measure to help vulnerable groups facing increased economic burdens due to recent record cold waves and rising heating costs. The total support amount is about 2.1 billion KRW, combining city and district funds.
The support targets are over 21,000 households as of January 26 this year, including Eunpyeong-gu basic livelihood security recipients (including Seoul-type basic security) and near-poverty groups (including single-parent families).
The heating cost support will be provided without a separate application, with 100,000 KRW paid to each eligible household. Basic livelihood security households will receive the payment on the 10th, and Seoul-type basic security recipients and near-poverty groups will have the amount deposited into their accounts on the 20th.
Kim Mi-kyung, Mayor of Eunpyeong-gu, said, "I hope this will help vulnerable residents who are struggling with rapidly rising heating costs, even if only a little," and added, "We will strive to create a livable Eunpyeong without welfare blind spots."
© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.


![Clutching a Stolen Dior Bag, Saying "I Hate Being Poor but Real"... The Grotesque Con of a "Human Knockoff" [Slate]](https://cwcontent.asiae.co.kr/asiaresize/183/2026021902243444107_1771435474.jpg)
