Yongsan-gu Recruiting 5 Adults Aged 19 and Over by the 21st & Participation in Focused Training Observation and Evaluation (11.15.~11.16.)
& Payment of Up to 100,000 KRW per Session
[Asia Economy Reporter Jong-il Park] Yongsan-gu (District Mayor Park Hee-young) is recruiting a National Experience Group for the 2022 Disaster Response Safe Korea Training until the 21st.
This is to increase residents' interest and understanding of the district's Safe Korea Training and to reflect the experiences and opinions of various groups.
The recruitment target is adults aged 19 or older who reside or are active in Yongsan-gu, with five people to be selected. The main roles include attending and monitoring the focused training (11.15.~11.16.), evaluation, and debriefing. According to the Ministry of the Interior and Safety guidelines, the district will pay an allowance (up to 100,000 KRW per session) to participants of the experience group.
The evaluation forms submitted by the experience group will be used in the actual training evaluation. Combining the Seoul City evaluation team’s score (90%) and the National Experience Group’s score (10%), Seoul City will select outstanding and underperforming institutions (districts) for the training implementation.
Those who wish to participate can fill out the application form posted in the announcements section on the district website and submit it via email to the person in charge. The district will conduct its own screening and form the experience group by the end of October, notifying applicants individually.
A district official said, “We will select five people including at least one disaster-vulnerable person such as a person with disabilities, elderly, or parent,” adding, “We will actively support the experience group to ensure no inconvenience in attending and evaluating the training.”
The Disaster Response Safe Korea Training is a nationwide comprehensive exercise based on the 'Framework Act on the Management of Disasters and Safety' to effectively respond to large-scale disasters such as typhoons, fires, and explosions.
Since its first implementation in 2005, the scale has increased annually, but due to COVID-19 and other reasons, the training was not properly conducted for the past two years.
This year, it will be conducted normally. The period is two weeks from November 14 to 25, during which the district will check and practice the entire disaster response system, including disaster situation dissemination, situation assessment meetings, activation and operation of crisis response organizations, and emergency recovery.
In particular, the focused training involving a large number of personnel and equipment plans a “large-scale fire discussion and field training at a multi-use facility (National Museum of Korea) caused by an earthquake.” Other self-conducted trainings include “fire evacuation at multi-use facilities (Yongsan History Museum, etc.),” “cardiopulmonary resuscitation,” and “disaster management resource mobilization (support).”
The district will also conduct safety inspections of the Comprehensive Administrative Town facilities and on-site inspections of outdoor earthquake evacuation sites during the period.
To prepare for the training, the district formed a “Training Planning Team” last month, led by the Director of the Safety, Construction, and Transportation Bureau, and established the basic training plan through the first joint planning meeting with related organizations and the first consultation with private experts.
This month, the second planning meeting, consultation, and training execution plan establishment will continue.
Park Hee-young, Mayor of Yongsan-gu, said, “The district is doing its best to protect the lives and property of residents in case of emergencies,” and added, “We ask for residents’ interest and participation in the recruitment of the Safe Korea Training National Experience Group.”
© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.


