본문 바로가기
bar_progress

Text Size

Close

Hong Taeyong, Candidate for Mayor of Gimhae, Gyeongnam, "Accuses Candidate Heo Seonggon of Reckless False Information Dissemination"

Hong Taeyong, Candidate for Mayor of Gimhae, Gyeongnam, "Accuses Candidate Heo Seonggon of Reckless False Information Dissemination" Hong Tae-yong, the People Power Party candidate for mayor of Gimhae, Gyeongnam, is holding a press conference on the 30th. [Image source=Hong Tae-yong candidate election camp]

[Asia Economy Yeongnam Reporting Headquarters Reporter Lee Seryeong] Hong Taeyong, the People Power Party candidate for mayor of Gimhae, Gyeongnam, held a press conference on the 30th and announced that he had filed a complaint against Heo Seonggon, the Democratic Party candidate, for violating the Public Official Election Act.


Candidate Hong said, "The biggest suspicion regarding the Andong 1 District urban development project is why it was carried out by Seongeun Development Co., Ltd. instead of the Gimhae City Urban Development Corporation."


He pointed out, "Allowing a private developer to take the land price difference estimated at 250 billion won from the development profits, instead of Gimhae City, is a special favor and a dereliction of duty by Gimhae City."


He added, "The Board of Audit and Inspection only pointed out legal procedural issues related to the permits for the Andong 1 District urban development project, but the suspicion of special favors has not yet been resolved."


Candidate Hong emphasized, "If I become mayor, I promise a thorough audit of the special favor suspicions, and if unjust profits are revealed, I will recover them and return them to the citizens."


Regarding the real estate suspicions involving Heo Seonggon’s children, he criticized, "They are making false provocations with harsh expressions such as illegal transactions, loan sharking, free gifts, and disguised transactions."


Referring to a press release on the 27th where Heo said that if Candidate Hong had nothing to hide, he should be reported for spreading false information, Candidate Hong said he had already filed a complaint with the Changwon District Prosecutors' Office on the 26th for violating Article 250, Paragraph 2 of the Public Official Election Act.


Candidate Hong Taeyong said, "I apologize for causing noise, traffic disruption, and inconvenience during the election process," and "I express my respect to all citizens who endured the inconvenience."


He added, "I was happy to meet citizens everywhere?in the streets, markets, and parks?and although I went out to comfort them, I was always comforted and grateful," emphasizing, "The last chance to return Gimhae to the citizens is coming on June 1."


He claimed, "We must lead national projects such as the creation of a 4 million-pyeong Northeast Asia logistics platform for the next 100 years, the Gimhae Public Medical Center, covering deficits of the Gimhae Light Rail Transit, the Bi-eumsan Tunnel, and the Gimhae-Jangyu circular tram line."


Candidate Hong asked for support, saying, "An incompetent leader only manages administration, but a competent leader communicates and innovates," and "I will create a warm and happy city where all citizens can feel their dreams come true."


© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.

Special Coverage


Join us on social!

Top