[Asia Economy Reporter Lee Ji-eun] President Moon Jae-in dismissed the possibility of cancellation mentioned by some ruling party members due to allegations of speculation in the 3rd New Town development, stating that "the supply measures must be implemented with greater speed."
On the afternoon of the 9th, Blue House spokesperson Kang Min-seok conveyed at a regular briefing at the Press Center, "President Moon said that while speculation should be investigated separately, trust in the government's housing supply measures must not be shaken."
According to Spokesperson Kang, President Moon emphasized that "there should be no setbacks in the implementation of the February 4 real estate measures," and added, "the supply measures should rather be pushed forward with greater speed."
As public sentiment worsened due to allegations of speculation by LH employees in the 3rd New Town development, some ruling party members raised the possibility of canceling the 3rd New Town. Earlier that morning, Hong Ik-pyo, the Policy Committee Chair of the Democratic Party of Korea, said in an interview on KBS Radio's 'Choi Kyung-young's Strong Current Affairs,' "If corruption is found to be widespread, such a possibility should be considered."
In this situation, President Moon expressed his determination that investigations should proceed independently, but housing supply must also continue independently.
However, the Blue House explained that President Moon's remarks were not aimed at the Democratic Party's movements. A senior Blue House official said, "His remarks were not made with the Democratic Party's calls for cancellation of the 3rd New Town in mind," and added, "It was about ensuring that the February 4 real estate measures proceed without setbacks." The use of strong expressions such as 'rooting out' was also explained as a commitment to resolving issues for real estate stability through housing supply.
The Blue House plans to announce the results of a full investigation currently underway. The official said, "The first investigation results will be announced within this week," and added, "The expected announcement targets are all employees and their immediate family members, focusing on senior officials at the level of secretaries or above, their families, spouses, and direct relatives." The first announcement will cover results for secretaries and above, while the second announcement will include administrative officers and below.
Some have pointed out that speculation allegations in areas adjacent to the 3rd New Town, or in Sejong City and other local new towns, should also be examined. Regarding this, a senior Blue House official said, "the joint investigation team's results will be announced soon," and added, "We expect to decide the direction based on the investigation results."
It is also known that discussions are underway regarding the participation of the prosecution in the investigation. The official said, "We are currently discussing with the prosecution the form of their participation," and emphasized, "What is clear is that it will be a consultation, not a prosecution-led investigation as in the past."
© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.

![Clutching a Stolen Dior Bag, Saying "I Hate Being Poor but Real"... The Grotesque Con of a "Human Knockoff" [Slate]](https://cwcontent.asiae.co.kr/asiaresize/183/2026021902243444107_1771435474.jpg)
