본문 바로가기
bar_progress

Text Size

Close

'Mint Alliance' in Crisis?… Min Kyung-wook Shares "US Presidential Election Fraud" Post, Blocked on Facebook

Minkyungwook Appeals, "Please Read It Yourself and Judge"

'Mint Alliance' in Crisis?… Min Kyung-wook Shares "US Presidential Election Fraud" Post, Blocked on Facebook Former People Power Party lawmaker Min Kyung-wook raised suspicions of election fraud in the U.S. presidential election and shared a post containing related content, but it was classified as fake news by Facebook. / Photo by Min Kyung-wook Facebook capture


[Asia Economy Reporter Lim Juhyung] Former People Power Party lawmaker Min Kyung-wook, who lost in the April 15 general election and has claimed election fraud, shared a post on Facebook on the 19th stating "This U.S. presidential election was fraudulent," but it was classified as fake news and blocked. In response, Min protested, saying, "(Such treatment) is not right."


In a post on his Facebook that day, Min said, "Facebook treated (my shared post) as if it were fake news."


He continued, "The statistical evidence of election fraud from Georgia and Pennsylvania was at the level of DNA," and appealed, "Please read the article. I hope you read it yourself and make a judgment."


The post Min shared centers on claims that the electronic vote counting in Georgia and Pennsylvania was manipulated on specific dates and times during this election. As a result, Joe Biden, the U.S. president-elect, took the lead over President Donald Trump in these two states.


However, the post was labeled as fake news by Facebook and accompanied by a warning message. According to the post, Facebook stated, "It has been verified by independent fact-checking organizations," and overlaid the phrase 'false information' on Min's shared post.


Meanwhile, on the 7th, Min posted on Facebook raising suspicions of election fraud in this U.S. presidential election. Min said, "For six months, I questioned whether the election results (of the general election) made statistical sense," adding, "Now, President Trump's son is saying the same thing. Neither Trump nor I are simple people. We will not just let this go."


'Mint Alliance' in Crisis?… Min Kyung-wook Shares "US Presidential Election Fraud" Post, Blocked on Facebook Former lawmaker Min holding a solo protest in front of the White House on the 2nd of last month, claiming that the April 15 general election was fraudulent and demanding a thorough investigation / Photo by Min Kyung-wook Facebook capture


On the same day, Min also claimed he would form the 'Mint (Min Kyung-wook Trump) Alliance' with President Trump. He said, "President Trump will ride the big wave of election fraud together with me," and added, "I took the first letters of Min Kyung-wook and Trump to name it Mint. Isn't it fresh and fragrant? I hope you call it the Mint Alliance."


However, Min's claims drew criticism from the political sphere. Choi In-ho, chief spokesperson for the Democratic Party, issued a statement on the 9th saying, "Last month, Min held a one-person protest in front of the White House claiming 'South Korea's general election was fraudulent,' and now he is raising suspicions about the U.S. presidential election results," calling it "truly shameful."


He added, "This could escalate into a diplomatic issue," emphasizing, "This should not be dismissed as a personal deviation but requires responsible action as a political party."


Voices calling for Min's expulsion also emerged from the opposition. On the 10th, Ha Tae-kyung, a People Power Party lawmaker, wrote on Facebook, "Min's flights of imagination have gone too far," urging, "The People Power Party must immediately expel Min."


© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.

Special Coverage


Join us on social!

Top