Starting from the 9th, Seoul's Disaster Emergency Living Expense Mobile Application System Service Launch... Seongdong District Residents Can Apply via PC and Mobile Through the District Website Regardless of the Day of the Week
A resident of Seongdong-gu is applying for the Seoul Metropolitan Government's emergency disaster relief fund on the Seongdong-gu Office website using a mobile device.
[Asia Economy Reporter Jong-il Park] Seongdong-gu (District Mayor Jeong Won-oh) has established a ‘mobile application system’ to allow residents to easily apply for the Seoul Emergency Disaster Living Expenses via mobile phones, and started the service on the 9th.
The ‘Seoul Emergency Disaster Living Expenses’ program supports households with income below 100% of the median income (for a family of four, income below 4,749,000 KRW) who are facing livelihood difficulties due to COVID-19, aiming to revitalize the local economy. Applications have been accepted through the Seoul Welfare Portal since the 30th of last month.
Seongdong-gu newly set up a dedicated application window for the Emergency Disaster Living Expenses on the district’s homepage to make it more convenient and easier for residents to apply online.
Previously, on the Seoul Welfare Portal, applications could only be submitted via PC following an online 5-day rotation system based on the last digit of the birth year. However, residents registered as living in Seongdong-gu can now apply through the Seongdong-gu homepage on mobile devices regardless of the day of the week.
Additionally, after submitting an application, applicants can check the application status (such as rejection or supplementary requests) in real time online, enhancing convenience. After filling out the application, applicants can choose either the mobile Seongdong Love Gift Certificate (Zero Pay) or a prepaid card to complete their application.
A resident A from Sageun-dong said, “I was waiting for the day I could apply, but now I’m glad I can simply apply via mobile regardless of the day. It took less than three minutes.”
Seongdong-gu started accepting applications for the ‘Seoul Emergency Disaster Living Expenses’ on March 30 and, by April 6, distributed Seongdong Love Gift Certificates and prepaid cards to 1,631 households within the minimum processing period of seven days.
Applications for the ‘Seoul Emergency Disaster Living Expenses’ will also be accepted in person at local community service centers starting April 16 and will be open until May 15.
Jeong Won-oh, Mayor of Seongdong-gu, said, “We have established a mobile system to make it more convenient for residents to apply, and we hope many people will use it. Above all, it is important to quickly provide support to eligible recipients, so we will strive to ensure timely delivery.”
© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.
!["The Woman Who Threw Herself into the Water Clutching a Stolen Dior Bag"...A Grotesque Success Story That Shakes the Korean Psyche [Slate]](https://cwcontent.asiae.co.kr/asiaresize/183/2026021902243444107_1771435474.jpg)
