[Asia Economy Reporter Kang Nahum] Former Liberty Korea Party leader Hong Joon-pyo criticized on the 8th that his exclusion from the nomination for the April 15 general election in Yangsan-eul, Gyeongnam, was "a typical case of injustice and collusion in the nomination screening for Yangsan-eul, Gyeongnam."
On the same day, Hong said on his Facebook, "During my 38 years of public service, I never yielded to injustice and collusion. To comply with injustice and collusion is not the way of Hong Joon-pyo."
The United Future Party had earlier designated Yangsan-eul, Gyeongnam, where Hong declared his candidacy, as a primary election district. Former Yangsan Mayor Na Dong-yeon, former Gyeongsangnam-do Council member Park In, and former Gyeongsangnam-do Council member Lee Jang-kwon were listed as primary candidates, while Hong's name was omitted, effectively cutting him off.
Hong plans to hold a press conference on the 9th in Yangsan, Gyeongnam, regarding his position in this general election. The general political expectation is that he will announce an independent candidacy at this event.
A representative from Hong's side said, "It is not yet time to talk about the content of the press conference," and regarding the choice of Yangsan as the venue, explained, "Because the election office is located there."
Meanwhile, former Gyeongnam Governor Kim Tae-ho, who was also cut off in the United Future Party's nomination screening, declared his independent candidacy on the same day. He insisted on running in his hometown of Sancheong, Hamyang, Geochang, and Hapcheon, and like Hong, had conflicts with the United Future Party's nomination committee.
© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.

![Clutching a Stolen Dior Bag, Saying "I Hate Being Poor but Real"... The Grotesque Con of a "Human Knockoff" [Slate]](https://cwcontent.asiae.co.kr/asiaresize/183/2026021902243444107_1771435474.jpg)
