본문 바로가기
bar_progress

Text Size

Close

"Democratic Party and Korean Party Proposals... Considering Different Conditions and Treatment" Post by Won Jong-geon Presumed Deleted

"Democratic Party and Korean Party Proposals... Considering Different Conditions and Treatment" Post by Won Jong-geon Presumed Deleted [Image source=Yonhap News]

"Democratic Party and Korean Party Proposals... Considering Different Conditions and Treatment" Post by Won Jong-geon Presumed Deleted A blind post presumed to be written by Won Jong-geon [Source - Online community capture]


[Asia Economy Reporter Yoon Shin-won] A post presumed to have been written by Won Jong-geon (27), who relinquished his qualification as a recruitment talent for the Democratic Party of Korea amid the 'Me too' controversy, was temporarily posted on an anonymous bulletin board before being deleted.


On the 28th, a post on the anonymous workplace app 'Blind' became a hot topic on an online community. The post, written on November 1 of last year, stated, "Both parties have offered me positions for next year's general election and proportional representation. I'm in my 20s and haven't worked at the company for long," and "It seems like a good opportunity, so I'm trying to find out more. Is there anyone who knows this area well?" A comment also said, "I'm conflicted because the conditions and treatment seem different between the Democratic Party and the Liberty Korea Party."


Netizens are presuming that the post was written by Won based on the fact that the post came from an eBay employee, where Won previously worked, the timing of the post, and the fact that the author is in their 20s. If true, it suggests that Won received recruitment offers from both the Democratic Party and the Liberty Korea Party and, after some consideration, decided to join the Democratic Party. The post has since been deleted.


Meanwhile, on the 27th, a woman identified as A, who claims to be Won’s ex-girlfriend, posted a message on an internet community titled "Exposing the truth about Won Jong-geon, the Democratic Party’s second recruitment talent who appeared on the show 'Exclamation Mark '." According to A, Won forcibly attempted sexual relations with her and treated her like a sex object. A presented four photos showing bruises on her lower body and screenshots of KakaoTalk conversations as evidence.


In response, Won held a press conference that day and announced his intention to return his recruitment talent qualification to the party while addressing the controversy. He said, "I have caused trouble to the party just by being involved in this controversy. I sincerely apologize for that," and added, "The posts are not true. Although I have many faults and have made mistakes in my youth, I have not lived recklessly."


© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.

Special Coverage


Join us on social!

Top