Denial of Governor Kim's Defense Logic in Fact
Considerable Time Expected Until Final Conclusion
[Asia Economy Reporter Seongpil Cho] The appellate court, which postponed the sentencing of Kim Kyung-soo, Governor of Gyeongnam Province, twice, stated, "It has tentatively determined that Governor Kim saw the 'King Crab demonstration' by Druking," but added, "It has not reached a final conclusion in the current state."
The Criminal Division 2 of the Seoul High Court (Chief Judge Cha Moon-ho) resumed the trial on the morning of the 21st and said, "It is difficult to reach a final conclusion without additional hearings through disputes between the special prosecutor and the defendant." This indicates that the court intends to reach a conclusion through a legal judgment regarding the 'accomplice relationship' between Druking and Governor Kim. It also completely denies the defense arguments that Governor Kim's side had focused on during the appeal trial.
The court presented areas requiring additional hearings and stated it would listen to both parties' opinions on these matters. It set a deadline to receive written opinions by February 21 and to receive rebuttal opinions on both sides' written statements by March 4. The next hearing date was scheduled for March 10. With the continuation of additional hearings, it is expected that a final conclusion on this case will take a considerable amount of time.
Originally, the sentencing for Governor Kim was scheduled for that day. However, the court suddenly canceled the sentencing hearing the day before and decided to resume the trial. Resuming the trial means that before writing the judgment, the court intends to ask additional questions to Governor Kim, his lawyers, and the special prosecutor. Previously, the court had already postponed the sentencing schedule once last year. In November of last year, the special prosecutor demanded a six-year prison sentence, one year longer than the first trial, arguing that Governor Kim consistently denied the crime and criticized the judiciary.
Governor Kim, who appeared at the trial that day, told reporters, "I have done my best to clarify the facts so far, and I believe most of them have been revealed," adding, "It is difficult to understand the reason for the postponement of the sentencing, but I intend to do my best until the end as I have done so far."
© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.

![Clutching a Stolen Dior Bag, Saying "I Hate Being Poor but Real"... The Grotesque Con of a "Human Knockoff" [Slate]](https://cwcontent.asiae.co.kr/asiaresize/183/2026021902243444107_1771435474.jpg)
