Joo Ho-young, a member of the Liberty Korea Party, argued at the National Assembly Press Hall on November 20 last year that "at least 91 electoral districts and up to 139 electoral districts must be adjusted if the Fast Track Public Official Election Act is passed." Photo by Yonhap News
[Asia Economy Intern Reporter Heo Midam] On the 9th, Joo Ho-young, a member of the Liberty Korea Party, stated that the personnel reshuffle of the prosecution carried out by Minister of Justice Choo Mi-ae was "the Blue House's expression of no confidence in Prosecutor General Yoon Seok-yeol."
On the same day, Joo appeared on MBC Radio's 'Kim Jong-bae's Focus' and said, "I believe the intention of those who led the personnel reshuffle was to neutralize Prosecutor General Yoon and to humiliate him."
He evaluated the prosecution personnel reshuffle by saying, "The personnel reshuffle carried out this time seems to be an effort to completely dismantle the prosecution itself."
He added, "If you think about it in reverse, it seems that the President and the Minister of Justice are in a hurry," and pointed out, "Even though they anticipated public backlash and anger, they went ahead with the personnel reshuffle, so there must be circumstances that make it unavoidable."
He said, "As the investigation's blade approaches the living power, this is probably to block it," and criticized, "They verbally shout for prosecution reform, but in reality, they are telling not to investigate themselves."
Furthermore, Joo pointed out, "The President gave the appointment letter to Prosecutor General Yoon, calling him 'our chief,' showing affection, and told him to boldly investigate the living power. This is truly 'Pyolibudong' (表裏不同)," explaining that Pyolibudong means being different inside and out.
Meanwhile, the Ministry of Justice held a prosecution personnel committee meeting on the 8th and carried out promotions and transfers for 32 senior prosecutors (at the level of senior prosecutors of the Supreme Prosecutors' Office) effective from the 13th. As a result of the personnel reshuffle, most of the aides who supported Prosecutor General Yoon Seok-yeol were replaced.
Han Dong-hoon, head of the Anti-Corruption and Serious Crime Division who led the investigation into former Minister of Justice Cho Kuk's family corruption and the Blue House's cover-up allegations, was transferred to Deputy Chief Prosecutor of Busan High Prosecutors' Office, and Park Chan-ho, head of the Public Investigation Division in charge of the Blue House election interference allegations, was transferred to Chief Prosecutor of Jeju District Prosecutors' Office. In addition, all aides of the Supreme Prosecutors' Office except for the head of the Inspection Headquarters were replaced.
© The Asia Business Daily(www.asiae.co.kr). All rights reserved.

